The Heavy Seas Taproom is always accepting resumes for bartenders and tour guides. While we may not always be hiring, we are continually growing our Taproom, which requires more enthusiastic beer lovers to help us with our mission.
The Heavy Seas Taproom is always accepting resumes for bartenders and tour guides. While we may not always be hiring, we are continually growing our Taproom, which requires more enthusiastic beer lovers to help us with our mission. Bartenders must be available afternoons, evenings and weekends, with Saturday and Sunday shifts required. Tour guides must be available on weekends. Knowledge and passion for craft beer preferred. If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com, subject line "Bartender" or "Tour Guide". No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Packaging Operators work with the Packaging Team to bottle, can and keg Heavy Seas Beer. This position is also responsible for daily cleaning and maintenance of packing machinery and equipment, as set forth by the Packaging Team Leader and Packaging Equipment Maintenance Team Leaders. This is a full time position with hours Monday-Friday starting at 6am and varying shift lengths. This position starts at $15/hr. No phone calls or walk-ins please
Packaging Operators work with the Packaging Team to bottle, can and keg Heavy Seas Beer. This position is also responsible for daily cleaning and maintenance of packing machinery and equipment, as set forth by the Packaging Team Leader and Packaging Equipment Maintenance Team Leaders. This is a full time position with hours Monday-Friday starting at 6am and varying shift lengths.
Including, but not limited to:
Ensure all packaging equipment is set up, maintained and operational to allow for efficient and safe packaging of quality product.
Operate bottling, canning and kegging line, as well as perform changeovers on equipment.
Cleaning and sanitizing kegs
Run CIPs to startup and shutdown the lines.
Complete production and batch reporting as required.
Learn and run QC procedures throughout packaging run.
Perform basic cellar operations, e.g. carbonating beer.
Participate in daily QC tastings to ensure quality throughout the product?s shelf life.
Maintain a clean and organized packaging area.
Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, especially early mornings.
Must adhere to safety policies at all times.
Comply with all Heavy Seas policies.
Aid in training as needed.
Communicate effectively and work well with coworkers within the Packaging Team, as well other departments.
The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Credentials and Experience
Education: High School diploma
Experience: 1-2 years of factory experience preferred; previous brewery or packaging experience a plus
Forklift experience preferred
Excellent verbal communication
High energy level and an attention to details
Optimistic, positive attitude
Ability to work as a part of a large team, but also work independently with minimal direct supervision
Ability to handle different kinds of equipment like hoses, brewing vessels, carbonating machines and packaging machinery. Capacity to lift to 55 lbs., maneuver 175 lbs. and perform other physically demanding duties. Able to stand and work at least 8 hours at a time.
The work environment can be cold, wet, hot and noisy and may require work in enclosed spaces. Personal protection equipment, such as safety glasses, hard hats, boots are required.
Heavy Seas offers a fun working environment with opportunities for advancement. We offer great benefits as well as paid time off. Land Your Dream Job! Come work for Heavy Seas! What are you waiting for?
Email Heavy Seas at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter with the subject ?Packaging Operator?.
Heavy Seas Beer is seeking a Quality Department Team Leader to manage the brewery's quality programs and procedures. This position is part of the Production management team and takes a leadership role in the brewery. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Quality Department Team Leader
The Quality Department Team Leader is responsible for executing all functions regarding maintaining the brewery's quality control program, including quality-related analyses, operations and laboratory equipment maintenance. This role also provides leadership to the entire production staff and supports the rest of the management team in running a successful brewery.
· Daily sampling, analysis and organization of data in accordance with a designated sampling plan
· Manage fermentation from brewhouse knockout through filtration (go/no-go on tank temp changes, capping, yeast dumping, track all applicable data such as pH, gravity, co2 vols and implement an action plan)
· Maintain go/no-go plan(s) for all finished products (daily sensory panels prior to packaging, for example).
· Maintain and manage comprehensive Quality Control Plan and Quality Assurance Plan. Direct supervision of laboratory technician(s)
· Daily microbiological sampling in accordance with a designated sampling plan Yeast management including harvest schedule, cell counts, viability counts, pitch rate calculation, in collaboration with Brewing Team Leader
· Packaged product sampling and analysis including gas analysis, seam analysis, microbiological analysis and total package quality checks
· Maintain a neat and clean laboratory
· Care, cleaning and maintenance of all laboratory equipment
· Maintain sensory analysis program, conduct scheduled sensory training for production staff
· Contribute to management of safe production practice
· Contribute to a culture of consistency and constant improvement while inspiring creativity
· Participate in weekly meetings with production management team to assist with total brewery process flow
· Assist with other production functions and support as needed
Credential and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in microbiology, chemistry or another related field
· Minimum 2 years experience working in a lab and or brewery
· Experience supervising and leading coworkers
· Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
· Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate, precise and reproducible data
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
· Optimistic, self-motivated, positive attitude
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Desire to take initiative, act promptly and be proactive
· Passion for quality beer
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs
· Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as ability to stand, move around and climb ladders
· Work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise - office with printers and computers; loud noise - factory or manufacturing space)
· Work environment can include areas that are wet and non-temperature controlled
Heavy Seas Beer offers a fun working environment, as well as great benefits, including paid time off. Please send all resumes to email@example.com with the subject line "Quality Team Leader."